Who Am I?

Who Am I?

Hello, world! My name is John Pangas, and I am a software engineer who is passionate about machine learning. I graduated from Zhejiang University of Technology in July 2022, and I am currently on a journey to become a machine learning engineer. I want to use my skills and knowledge to create innovative solutions that can make a positive impact on society.

Journey from Kampala to the World of Tech

I grew up in Kampala, Uganda, the capital city of the Pearl of Africa. I come from a poor village of Napak, Moroto, where I belong to the ethnic group of Karamojong. The Karamojong are known for their nomadic pastoralist lifestyle and their rich culture and traditions. I am proud of my roots and I always try to learn more about my heritage.

I love technology, fitness activities, and hanging out with friends. My love for technology started from when my dad brought an old desktop computer home with Windows 98. I was so obsessed with Microsoft Paint and spent almost 10 hours a day as a 9 year old designing different things. I was fascinated by how a machine could do so many things and I wanted to learn how it worked. That curiosity led me to pursue software engineering as a career.

Beyond Code: My Passions and Core Values

I am obsessed with seeking knowledge, personal development, and optimism. I love being around people, listening, and learning new things. I believe that everyone has something valuable to share and that we can all grow from each other’s experiences. I also believe that life is full of opportunities and challenges and that we should always strive to improve ourselves and overcome obstacles.

My core values are truth and honesty, fairness and respect. I value honesty because it builds trust and credibility. I value fairness because it promotes justice and equality. I value respect because it shows appreciation and dignity. I try to live by these values in everything I do, and I expect the same from others.

Embracing Failure

Throughout life, I have failed countless times, and each of these comes with a lesson that leads to growth. Every single day spent on this earth has come with a pinch of failure, learning or growth. Some failures have been so great that I have had to try again just to make sure I wasn’t the problem. I will be sharing some of these moments in my blog, and I hope you enjoy it.

A warm greeting from Kampala.

As I embark on this blogging adventure, I want to extend a warm greeting from the heart of Uganda. 

PS; If you ever come to Uganda, make sure you try out the Rolex. (A local food that tastes so good!) It is a rolled chapati with eggs and vegetables inside. It is delicious and cheap, and you can find it everywhere. And no, it has nothing to do with the watch brand. 😂


PPS; The picture you see above is an AI generated image of me at 100 years old. I think it looks pretty realistic, don’t you? Who knows, maybe I'll still be coding away or imparting wisdom to the next generation of tech enthusiasts. Feel free to share your predictions on whether I'll still be hanging out with friends or perfecting my fitness routine at that age!

Join me on this exciting journey of technology, failures, growth, lessons and the pursuit of a life well-lived. I'm eager to connect, learn, and share experiences with you all.

Stay curious, stay optimistic, and, most importantly, stay tuned for more from me.

Cheers,

John

Comments