Growing: Seeking to Accelerate in Machine Learning

For today's blog post, I want to advertise myself and also share that I am actively seeking career opportunities in Machine learning. Suppose you are here for the first time. In that case, my name is John Pangas. I have a passion for machine learning (ML) and its potential to solve real-world problems. Currently, I'm on a mission to propel my skills and experience to the next level, and I'm actively seeking opportunities that align with this goal.

My Journey in Machine Learning:

  • Recent graduate: Graduated in June 2022 with a Bachelor's in Software Engineering from Zhejiang University of Technology, achieving a Summa Cum Laude distinction (Outstanding Graduate Award) and a stellar GPA of 4.1 (91% average).
  • Outreachy Intern: Participated in the renowned Outreachy program, honing my skills in Python, ML, Scikit-learn, and open-source contribution through projects like:
    • Building a model to detect accessibility bugs on Bugzilla. This has helped in the quick triage of bugs that may be accessibility-related.
    • Developing a model to identify spam comments on Bugzilla which can cause harm to users and developers.
  • Deep Learning Enthusiast: Completed a captivating Bachelor's graduation project, constructing a fire detection system using cost-effective solutions for low-income communities.
  • Current Mozilla Challenge: Embarking on a new task with Mozilla, fine-tuning an LLM to create test plans for new features using Langchain, GPT-4, and Python.

Driven to Contribute and Learn:

I'm eager to contribute to projects that:

  • Expand my ML expertise: I'm particularly interested in building and applying Machine Learning to make a positive impact.
  • Offer remote or relocation opportunities? I'm adaptable and open to exploring new environments. I have had 3 months of experience working with Mozilla mentors remotely.
  • Embrace diversity and inclusion: Having studied in China as a Ugandan, I believe in bringing diverse perspectives and making tools accessible to a wider audience.

My Skillset and Strengths:

  • Proficient in Python, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, and various ML concepts.
  • Adept at git and collaborative work methodologies.
  • Possess strong communication skills and enjoy working in teams.
  • English is my first language, and I communicate at a professional level.

Ready to Connect:

For a deeper dive into my projects and background, please visit my LinkedIn profile: John Pangas.

My dedication, strong academic foundation, and diverse experiences make me a valuable asset to any team. If you have an opportunity that aligns with my aspirations, please reach out! I'm excited to explore possibilities and contribute meaningfully to the world of machine learning.

Let's connect and explore how I can help your team achieve extraordinary results!

Comments